We are seeking an engineer who has a solid background in applied machine learning and building highly scalable data-driven products; and has a proven track record of working with both data scientists and engineers to solve complex problems and deliver business impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with a group of engineers and data scientists to deliver machine learning and AI solutions and integrate them seamlessly into our web and app experiences
• Work on challenging problems and drive innovation using AI / Data Science in domains such as natural language processing, image content analysis, recommender systems, personalization, and predictive modeling
• Collaborate with Product Management and User Experience regarding data products definition, roadmap, schedule, scope, and project-related decisions
• Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications that will excite and please a user base of millions of users
• Perform hands-on data analysis, build and scale machine-learning models, evaluate and iterate using A/B tests, and communicate the impact to senior leadership
• Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at optimal velocity and cadence
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Statistics, Mathematics, or related discipline
• At least 1.5 years’ experience in delivering machine learning and AI products at internet-scale.
• At least 1.5 years’ experience in Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, EMR, Apache Spark, Pig, Hive, NoSQL databases, and Kafka/Kinesis.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design.
• Some experience with Cloud Computing (AWS or Azure)
• Experience in at least one of the following programming language – Apache Spark, Python, Scala or Java
• Experience with Data exploration, Data wrangling, Data validation, and Data pipelines automation
• Experience with SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL technologies
• Experience engineering distributed technologies and concepts such as large-scale recommendation, personalization, search etc.
• Published research work or patents in conferences or industry circles
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels within the organization
|Job Category||Machine Learning|