Function: Software Engineering → Big Data / DWH / ETL
Understand the product/tool’s module feature & functional, non-functional scope. Follow the product SDLC (we are adopting an Agile development cycle managed on JIRA).
Keep up-to-date with the latest technological advances in the Apache Spark community & sharing the same with the team.
Implement the required scope in most optimized engineering solution using Java & Spark libraries
Liaison with team members & influencers (Delivery Manager, Project Lead, Delivery Lead etc.)
Deliver a bug-free solution that takes care of non-functional scope (typically scale & concurrency) & features.
- The opportunity to develop a unique data product in a rapidly expanding category.
- The chance to be an early employee in a rapidly growing product company.
- Working in an awesome team environment of like-minded people.
- 6 + Years Experience in Big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, MR etc.
- 4 + years core Java experience: building business logic layers and back-end systems for high-volume data pipeline backend applications.
- Current experience using scala and/or python.
- Current experience using SQL/no SQL platforms, and Apache products (NiFi, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra).
- Current experience developing RESTful web services.
- Current experience high-speed messaging frameworks and streaming (Kafka, Akka, reactive).
- Experience developing and deploying on Linux/Unix platforms.
- Experience writing ETL processes and batch jobs.
- Experience writing map reduces jobs in Java or developing custom user-defined functions for processing data.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience (or desire) of working in a Startup Environment.
- Quick learner of new technologies.
- A competitive compensation package.
- Must be advanced/proficient in English.
- Able to work with globally distributed teams.
- You have experience of working in startup culture.
- You enjoy startup culture and are committed to driving things to achieve goals.
- You are flexible and creative and can work in a non-corporate environment.
- You have a true Engineering DNA with experience in a fast-paced development environment.
- You go over and above if you love what you do.
- Ability to implement your ideas and differentiate yourself in the industry as an expert.
|Job Category||BigData Developer|